Certified Flight Instructor
▪ Be at least 18 years of age
▪ Hold a Commercial or ATP Certificate
▪ Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
▪ Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate
▪ Received the required training for the CFI rating per FAA regulations
▪ Pass a written knowledge test as well as the oral/practical test
Passing knowledge and experience on to an aspiring pilot is one of the most challenging, yet rewarding, experiences in aviation. At AFI, we take this honor seriously and prepare applicants to be the best instructor possible.
Not only do flight instructors need to have detailed knowledge and understanding of all subject areas, they must also convey that information in a manner that best matches the student's learning style. Our Flight Instructor Courses address this through role-playing and extensive practice with our experienced instructors. Of equal importance, we address professionalism and demeanor in every lesson to ensure a well-rounded program.
Both Certified Flight Instructor and Certified Flight Instructor-Instrument courses are offered.
TSA approval is only required for primary training. TSA approval is not required for flight instructor training.